Homeschool Blessings

Today was Katherine's first day of fifth grade!  Doug and I can't believe our baby is ten years old and in middle school.  Where in the world did the time go???  Didn't she just start crawling last year?  Wasn't it just yesterday that she wanted to play Little People with me???

Love Notes from the Principal
Thankfully, even though the time has gone by swiftly, we have been blessed to spend a good portion of the last ten years enjoying each other and the many small moments that add up to a very close knit family.  And through the hard work and sacrifice of my sweet hubby, we are taking the next step in our journey together -- HOMESCHOOL!

Today was a wonderfully relaxed yet productive day, and the absolute best first day of school Kat has had yet.  She was able to wake up about an hour and a half later than she would have had to get up for mainstream school.  She ate a leisurely breakfast, brushed her teeth and hair, then headed to our classroom in her pj's!  I did likewise, but made sure I added a shower to my relaxed morning before jumping back into a pair of jammies and starting my teaching debut.

We covered LOTS of material in various subjects ranging from math to history to grammar to art history.  Some was review, but most of it was brand spanking new material -- and Kat just jumped right in.  We had our school day (and lunch) done by 1:30 and we were able to just kick back and relax the rest of the afternoon before heading out to swim practice.  No homework.  No stress.  No whining about having to hurry up.  Peace.  Beautiful!

First Day of 5th Grade
I am grateful for being married to such a supportive husband and father, who not only works hard to make it possible for our family to homeschool, but who is an active participant in our daughter's home education.  I am grateful for a daughter that is so bright and eager to learn.  I am truly thankful for the friends and family who have supported our decision to homeschool, and who continue to be such wonderful encouragers. 

My prayer of thanksgiving:

Thank you, Lord, for bestowing this amazing blessing upon our family.  Thank you for our family and friends who have supported us along the way.  I give you ALL the glory for the beautiful gift of homeschooling!
Rosy is not a very good student...

1 comment:

Leave me a message - I would love to hear from you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com