Blessings for Our Table

My life just keeps getting better and better.  I don't know why some women have a such an issue with growing older.  For me, I find that every day brings something joyful to my life.  Maybe it's quiet time with my hubby that I didn't think we'd get.  Maybe I get all of the laundry done before the weekend.  Maybe Katherine and I have a stellar homeschool day.  Or maybe, just maybe, I find a little treasure I didn't know I was looking for...

That's what I found at Sweet Tea & Linen.  I found a lovely, hand-crafted table runner for my dining room table, and the talented and gracious Carolyn whose hands created my treasure. 

Okay, I know it's a table runner, people.  But our dining table is the only table in our home.  It's where we sit as a family for breakfast and dinner every single day.  It's where prayers are said.  It is where we visit with beloved friends and family.  It is where we discuss our days, our dreams and our dilemmas.  It's where we create craft projects and take spelling tests.  It's where we share our highs and lows.  It's where we are family. 

We spend LOTS of time at our one and only table, so I wanted special linens to grace our special family space.  I wanted linens that I could pass down to Katherine and she could pass down to her children.  Kind of like Grandmother's old lace tablecloth that you bring out at Thanksgiving and Christmas, ya know?  Something that has meaning and evokes memories of good times and a happy, loving family.

So, if you're in the mood and want to wax poetic about your own special family treasures that bring you joy at the memory, leave me a comment.  If you are interested in finding something new and lovely to become your family treasure, head on over to Sweet Tea & Linen's shop on Etsy.com.  You can find Carolyn and her Sweet Tea & Linen treasures at http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetteaandlinen.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jill! That is the sweetest thing I've ever read! I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have "met" you and what an incredible honor it is to be making something that will adorn your family's table. Thank you so much for your kind words! I can't wait to see the runner on your table :) All my best!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message - I would love to hear from you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com