There's No Such Thing as Too Nice

Katherine recently told me that a friend of hers told her that she was "too nice".  Katherine's reply was, "There's no such thing as 'too nice!'"  I asked her why she felt that way and she said that if people were always nice to each other -- going out of their way for someone else -- then maybe there wouldn't be so much hate and war in the world.  What a proud parenting moment!

I'm thinking we should all take a little bit of Kat's advice and start going out of our way for others -- daily.  Most of the time it would be an easy gesture like hurrying to hold the door for someone, offering to let someone in line go in front of you, giving an encouraging word to the checkout person {even when they are being cranky}.  Other times it could mean leaving work early to help a friend get her children to practice or making a meal for someone else 'just because'.  Maybe it just means to keep your head up, your eyes alert and your heart open for those moments when you could make the difference in the life of another -- with gestures both grand and small.

Personally, I tend to wait for the moment instead of looking for it.  Katherine is so good about finding the opportunity to make a difference.  Yes, God can even use a 10 year old to do His work! 

I am blessed; I am going to work harder at being a blessing to others.  Won't you join me?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message - I would love to hear from you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com